UPPER MUSTANG - NEPAL
Join us for a ride to one of the unexplored regions of the Himalayas. The upper mustang trip discovers and explores the valley and provides an adventure that very few dare to undertake.
Upper Mustang was an area which used to commercially connect Tibet and India, and hence you get a chance to experience the last remaining Tibetan Kingdom in all its glory. The journey to upper mustang will be a historic achievement in your life that you will cherish forever and undoubtedly be the most thrilling ride of a lifetime
- Explore Tibet's last forbidden kingdom
- Visit the ancient walled city of Lo-Manthang
- Visit world's oldest active monastery
- Ride through the deepest gorge
- Annapurna conservation area
- Mukthinath temple
Region: North of Nepal’sAnnapurna Conservation area.
Duration:14 Nights / 15 Days
Best season: March, April, May Sep, Oct, Nov
DATES : MAY 1 2020 TO MAY 15 2020
Highest elevation: 3700m (Lo-Manthang) & 4460m (Kora La pass)
Rivers: Trishuli, Marshyangdi, Seti, Kali Ghandaki
Mountains: Fish Tail (6993m), Annapurna massif including south(7219m), Nilgiri (6839m), Tukuche (6920m), Dhaulagiri (8167m)
- All airport / hotel / airport transfers
- Welcome / farewell dinner transfers
- One day ride around the valley accompanied by Ride captain and mechanic.
- Hire of RE Himalayan 411cc Motorcycles for the whole trip as per the itinerary.
- Fuel for the Motorcycles for the whole trip as per the itinerary.
- Services of an experienced Road Captain on a bike including the cost for his meals, accommodations and daily allowances.
- 01 (4X4) non a/c Scorpio / Land cruiser as a backup vehicle for the sector Kathmandu / Pokhara / Jomsom / Muktinath/ Lo-Manthang/Kalopani / Pokhara / Kathmandu inclusive of fuel, trained mechanic and 01 driver; their daily allowances/ accommodation and all meals
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis as per the itinerary with breakfast
- Supply of redbull / mineral water and granola energy bar throughout the trip as per the itinerary
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) Fee of USD 23.00 per person. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- TIMS Card (Trekkers Information Management System Card of USD 13.00 per person. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- Special Upper Mustang permit of USD 500.00 per person (valid for 10 days). (Subject to change without prior notice)
- Entrance fee to the monasteries and caves of USD 20.00 per person. (subject to change without prior notice)
- Comprehensive Medical Kit
- All toll taxes for the bikes and the backup vehicle and also the government taxes
- International Airfares.
- Nepal Visa fees (If applicable).
- Personal Insurance
- Third party insurance
- Personal Riding Gears
- Cost to hire 1 extra 4X4 backup vehicle (for 10 pax and above) of USD 1765.00 for the entire trip as per the itinerary.
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner) while the guest stay at hotels in Kathmandu, Pokhara, Kalopani, Muktinath and Upper Mustang as per the itinerary, except the welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Adventure activities in Pokhara.
- Items of a personal nature such as bar bills telephone calls, laundry, extra mileage and any extra costs incurred due to natural calamities, flight delays etc.
- Personal medication
- Insurance for or against accidents, loss of life, theft etc.
- Personal insurance, evacuation and medical expenses.
- Personal gratuities such as tips to Road captain, mechanic, hotel staff, guides and drivers.
- Cost for any major damages to the bike due to rough handling or accidents. (please note that we will provide the above mentioned spare parts in “cost includes”) but if more than one set is used, which usually happens due to rough and careless handling, the client will have to bear the cost.
- Costs incurred due to natural calamities, strikes, and break downs of bikes, accidents, cancellation of flights, altitude sickness or unforeseen circumstances (riots, natural calamities etc) and situations beyond the control of Moto Himalaya Tours & Travels (P) Ltd.
- Tips for the staff
- Any item not mentioned in the above ‘cost includes’.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu (1310m), Welcome dinner
Day 02: Day ride to Namobuddha (100kms/3hrs)
Day 03: Ride to Bandipur (1030m/147kms/3.5hrs)
Day 04: Ride to Pokhara (805m/77kms/2.5hrs)
Day 05: Ride to Kalopani (2400m/130Km/5hrs)
Day 06: Ride to Muktinath(3600m/50Km/3hrs)
Day 07: Ride to Ghami(3470m/70kms/4.5hrs)
Day 08: Ride Ghami to Lo-Manthang (3700m/30kms/2.5hrs)
Day 09: Ride around Lo-Manthang (50kms/3hrs)
Day 10: Ride to Samar (3475m/65kms/5hrs)
Day 11: Ride to Kagbeni (2800m/35kms/2.5hrs)
Day 11: Ride to Tatopani(1200m/96kms/6.5hrs)
Day 12: Ride to Pokhara (805m/115Km/4hrs)
Day 13: Free day in Pokhara
Day 14: Ride back to Kathmandu (1310m/210kms/6hrs) Farewell dinner
Day 15: Final departure